A family business since 1948 that started with humble beginnings making shoes in a converted parachute plant, Cougar Shoes has refined their craft over decades to grow into a Canadian all weather, all season footwear staple with global distribution. Today, Cougar is a style leader producing footwear that is more fashionable than ever before.
Playing on its Canadian roots, the brand remains true to its heritage by mixing fashion with the function they have always been known for. Whatever the weather. Modern footwear made to function.
Role – Full-Time Sales & Inventory Analyst
Posted: March 15, 2022
This role supports all brand divisions, Cougar, Storm by Cougar and our website. This position is focused on developing and furthering our sales and inventory data collection and analysis, creating best practices, and has responsibility for instituting new ways of reporting, analyzing, and forecasting the business. The incumbent will work collaboratively with cross functional teams such as sales, product development, operations, and finance to provide insights, draw conclusions on how to improve and optimize current inventory business practices that enable us to meet key performance objectives while driving increased revenue and profitability. Given the insights of the role it is important that the candidate be a strong leader that can work effectively as an individual and with a broader team.
- Utilize company resources to analyze sales and inventory data by brand, category, and style level.
- Via data, examine trade sell in, inventory ownership, Cougar sales and margin performance, and make scenario recommendations to strengthen our inventory position and maximize profitability.
- Effectively present data, highlighting key drivers, variances and identifying opportunities.
- Generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports showing trends both past and present.
- Monitor changes in the marketplace and business to proactively anticipate both short and long-term changes to inventory and trade sell in models.
- Ability to enhance processes and or design new data collection models to better collect information as required.
- Assist sales management in creation, and lead the analysis, of seasonal inventory sell thru SKU targets by brand, by product category in alignment with sales and product development lifecycle product forecasts.
- Play a key role in facilitating end of season and year end business reviews with thorough analysis of performance against objectives from both a sales and inventory position.
- Provide input and assistance in the company’s roll-out of Nuorder
- Work in line with finance to optimize the company’s Power BI reporting for inventory and sales performance
Evaluation of the duties will be based on the following:
- Developing collaborative relationships with all levels in the organization to ensure efficient communication, coordination, and transparency of sales and inventory related activities.
- Accountable for monthly inventory forecasting, reconciliation, and accuracy of assigned product group, elevating critical risks with recommendations for consideration.
- Ability to design dashboards for executive level reporting.
- Possesses passion for analysis and a keen attention to detail.
- Uses expertise and strategic thinking to approach projects aligning with sales, product development and inventory objectives.
- Can decipher multiple layers of data and brings forward actionable insights.
- Ability to manage arising internal and external issues and inquiries in a prompt, professional manner.
- Is a curious and creative thinker, trouble shooter and self-starter who can visualize solutions both long and short-term.
- 5+ years professional experience in an inventory management, analytical position in a retail company or fashion brand.
- Footwear specific experience, or other high sku apparel, is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing sales and inventory for multiple categories of business, finding relevant information within multiple data sets.
- Proven ability to digest complex data and communicate in a compelling way to executive and cross functional teams.
- Familiarity with data collection software and protocol, experience with BI, SQL, macros, or other data analysis.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to proactively validate outputs and reports.
- Experience integrating new software and programs to data services is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and forecasting ability, as well as advanced MS excel skills (pivot tables, formulas, macros)
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Self motivated and is comfortable with ambiguity and an ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to embrace innovation and changes for continuous improvements.
All interested candidates, please email your CV and cover letter directly to: HR@cougarshoes.com.
Thank you for your interest in Cougar Shoes, all applications will be reviewed and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.